©2019 by Jackson Reeves Lawyers.

Our History

Jackson Reeves has been operating in the local community for over 60 years and is well known and recognized as a firm that provides quality legal services in a professional manner.

 

Maurice Jackson commenced practice on his own account on the 2nd of April 1951. David Reeves joined Maurice Jackson as a staff solicitor at the beginning of 1955, and became a partner at the beginning of 1956. The firm was then called Jackson and Reeves.

In 1968 Maurice Jackson and David Reeves amalgamated their practice with Cedric Friis who had been in practice on his own account. The new firm was called Jackson Reeves and Friis, and at that time was situated on the upper floor of the Hannah’s building in Willow Street.

On the 1st of July 1975, the firm moved from the Hannah’s building to its premises at 2 Devonport Road, on the fourth floor of the Trust Bank building. 

Cedric Friis died in 1995, and in the following year Maurice Jackson died. David Reeves died in 2004.

In 2004, the firm moved from the Trust Bank building in which it had been situated since 1975, to Unicorn House at 14 Willow Street, Tauranga. The firm remained there until 2010 at which time it moved to its present premises at 31 Hamilton Street.

 

Jackson Reeves is the trading name of J R Legal Ltd.